Sunday, February 22, 2009

Science Fair 2009


First, Nicholas comes home about a month ago with the assignment for the science fair. So, after spending a couple of days trying to decide what to do, he started on decomposing some leaves and fruit peel. His was the only one that was judged, but he didn't win anything.
(Notice the nice smile. He got his braces off--again)



Second, Derek comes home and says he needs a machine. Luckily, my brother and his wife helped when they were down here visiting. Jeff still was up late one night getting it all together.

THEN, I was so thrilled (ha ha) when Samantha came home and said she signed up to do a project. We tried growing grass in different ways, but as many science projects do, it failed. None of them grew.

I was glad that Kade did his as a class project. They tried different places in their classroom to grow mold.

Another year done--there's still next year.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so not looking forward to all of this! We haven't had to do any YET...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so cute....of course I'm prejudiced, but they do look great! I'm proud of them for trying so hard. Maybe you will be really blessed next year and be able to do 4!!! I love you all. Love Nana Austill

    ReplyDelete